The previous post examined the introductory part of the importance of information on the quality of life. This post focuses on the concluding part as highlighted from the introduction.
1. Traits of a low-quality mindset.
a. This level of living is meant for some class of people. This type of mindset sees segmentation in life, and the segmentation usually make such people put themselves in a disadvantage position in the picture.
b. ‘I need someone at the top’- (connection in high places). The imaginary limit creates in them the need to ALWAYS depend on someone to succeed in life. Nothing they do can amount to something great.
c. ‘I don’t have capital to start’. The same way the last point affects such person, s/he puts more value on physical resources than ideas that are intangible. The brain shuts down where there is no physical evidence of resources.
d. ‘Someone somewhere is responsible for my failure.’ This mindset fails to take responsibility. Whatever goes wrong is caused by someone else other than them. If it cannot be explained, then it is mystified.
e. ‘I am not up to it yet.’ Fear and procrastination is another key trait seen in a low-quality mindset.
f. Satisfied with the status quo. To be contented with the basic living without any drive to improve the condition of living.
2. Traits of a high-quality mindset.
a. Believe in God’s help; the excellent results achieved are not limited to personal intelligence and competence. There is a part of this person that knows that if God had not helped, the consistencies might not have been achieved. Just like competence will take you to the highest position, only character has the capacity to maintain it.
b. Believe in yourself to achieve greater results. (Once s/he sees or dreams it, it becomes his/her physical reality). There is healthy self-esteem that puts a person in a position to believe that if someone has achieved this before, then no matter the circumstance, it is possible for him/her to achieve same.
c. Bold and daring attitude (Incurable optimist); this mindset goes beyond replicating what someone has done, but creating a new path for others to follow.
d. Learning more is getting more results; this trait sees life as a continuous learning process until death. Never gets to a point where s/he feels achievement is okay. Continuous yearning and pushing is the predominant trait in this person.
The two categories explained above are necessary in order to make you understand which one you belong to. Your understanding of this explains the reason for your current state.
Information as defined earlier is the knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction. Depending on where you gather your knowledge, you could either get the right, partially true or totally wrong information over the years. The following points tries to balance the position you can take to minimise the error margin:
1. Acknowledging that all that you know is not there is to life. You must be humble to admit that there is a whole lot more to learn than what has been learnt. And the fact that you have learnt to some extent does not necessarily make it enough.
2. Weighing the situation against your pre-conceived notion. Objectivity and willingness to adapt to the current truth against the tradition you are used to. The fact that it has always been done in a certain way for a long time does not necessarily makes it right. Human nature generally abhors change. It has a way of putting up security issue about the future. If not well managed, it stops people from daring.
3. Another way information comes to you is through experience. Your experience involves interaction with people. This makes the aspect of your association critical to the quality of your life. Someone once said that ‘show me your friend and I will tell you the type of person you are.’ It is also said that when you look at the character and the way of life of the closest set of people to you, you are looking at your future. Association with other people has a way of rubbing off on you. This has to be looked at and weighed against the current set of people you have close relationship with. It might just suggest or explain the quality of life you are experiencing. The quality of questions that pop up in your heart will determine the quality of answers you will give. The questioning and answering will impact on your view, which will ultimately impact on the quality of your lifestyle.
Dolor aliquet augue augue sit magnis, magna aenean aenean et! Et tempor, facilisis cursus turpis tempor odio. Diam lorem auctor sit, a a? Lundium placerat mus massa nunc habitasse, arcu, etiam pulvinar.