We live in a world where relationship means different things to different people. I would like you to bear it in mind that the relationship focused on in this series is the one intended to end in marriage. Although this has different interpretations among individuals, the understanding you have of it will influence the concept you hold of it. This understanding will define how you relate in your relationship.
I have seen people that believe the following concepts about relationship, depending on their cultures and the belief systems of their communities, states or nations, such as:
1. Relationship is meant for the two partners to enjoy each other bodies and have a nice time without necessarily committing themselves to marriage.
2. Relationship is meant to be a period used to confirm the fertility of the woman before a commitment is made for marriage.
3. Relationship is meant to make the two parties co-habit and possibly have children if necessary just to check out how compatible they are before a commitment is made.
4. Relationship is meant to be experimented from person to person until one feels okay with the one to settle with.
5. Relationship is meant for people to develop close friendship until they get bored or tired of it.
6. Relationship leading to marriage is meant to be between people of the same sex.
7. Sexual Relationship doesn’t have to be with a fellow human. It can be with a sex doll, object or digital equipment.
These explained some of the divergent views and perspectives we have in our world about relationship.
I would like to say that relationship starts from the point when a man or woman makes his/her intention known to the other person and both agree to the relationship with marriage in view. When this happens, it is accompanied by a commitment from both parties to see it through until the wedding day, where real marriage journey begins. Some might argue that everyone is entitled to his/her opinions and views which really holds true. My personal philosophy is about the longevity, happiness and healthy influence a relationship should have, first and foremost on the parties involved and secondly on the larger society. It is easy to wave it off when it is only the present that is considered. When ten, fifteen or thirty years are the consideration, then what had been considered trivial may be seen in a different light as the years go by. This is because a day or a year effect cannot be said to be same with a fifteen or thirty years’ effect. What is the point here; relationships not founded on the right footing are more likely not to work out or create serious hurts IF carried into the marriage proper. The hurts are in varying degrees. There are cases where it sets into depression, high tendency of losing one’s mind and the tendency of attempting suicide. A dysfunctional relationship or marriage will form the basis for a dysfunctional community and subsequently the nation at large. Irrespective of your values and beliefs, any of your beliefs or values that will not foster unity, longevity; progressive understanding between parties and productivity should be given a serious consideration. Therefore, if these are likely outcomes of relationships not founded on right or more holistic reasons, then it is worth the pain of going through the entire series. This series will explain best possible positions to take, putting all variables into consideration in order to enjoy fruitful and healthy relationships, which will form the foundation for fruitful and healthy homes, and ultimately build a fruitful and healthy nation.
For more enquiry or contribution(s), please contact;
Dolor aliquet augue augue sit magnis, magna aenean aenean et! Et tempor, facilisis cursus turpis tempor odio. Diam lorem auctor sit, a a? Lundium placerat mus massa nunc habitasse, arcu, etiam pulvinar.